Sunday, February 26, 2006

A universe of 4 and a half words

Erika speaks. Kind of. The variety and frequency of her audible output grows everyday. As if she's making her way around an orchestra trying each instrument. Every day it's like "hey! what else can my mouth do!?"
Words so far: Daddy, Mama, Ball, woof-woof, and Na'NAY-nay.
That last one being short for mommy goodness with a focus on milk.
She says "eeeeee..." a lot while kicking her legs to vary the intensity, but I haven't decoded that one yet. I suspect it refers to the way Bernake is handling the fed. When I told her that uncle Greenspan stepped down, she was all "EEEEE...!!"

It's got me thinking a lot about the chinese room. At what point does mimicry count as intelligence? Perhaps brains do cause minds?

We'll find out later.

No comments: