Monday, December 22, 2008

Erika sings, and defends Boba Fett

Erika is beginning to enjoy music.
Just this evening while Jackie and I were bathing the babes, Erika was spinning around in a swivel chair. She was singing, "You spin me right round baby right round like a record..."
I asked what a record was and she said she didn't know. She might never know until history class.

Also, I had previously recorded some Kipper the Dog cartoons, and between episodes, Comcast advertises music on demand. Erika heard some clip from a music video and demanded to hear the whole song. It took some clever searching with iTunes, but we now ($0.99 later) listen to Fergi sing "Big Girls Don't Cry." I had never heard of this Fergi person, but there you have it.

Also, as Erika becomes Pop-culture aware, she has been asking me what the pricess says. I'm supposed to reply, "Help me Obi-wan Kenobi, you're my only hope." Then she practices this sentence. The practice is usually followed her telling me how Boba Fett is better than Darth Vader. But Darth Vader is nice too. She wants to know why I dressed up as darth vader for halloween when I was a boy. This kinda blows my mind since I remember mentioning this only in passing, but it had clearly captured her imagination.

But as the holidays come to fruition, our Boba Fett action figure has gone missing. His usual spot in our nativity scene will remain open. You never know when he will show up. His true origions are a mystery, his humanity ambiguous. He fits right in.

No comments: