Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Return from Ohio, research, eye.

Jackie and Erika have returned from Ohio. After a lot of sleeping, they seemed to have recovered, and Erika has a lot more clothing in her suit case than when she left! It sounds like they had a very nice time.

Other than that, today Erika was invited to participate in another study at UW. This one on hearing. Except that she would not permit the researcher to put the earpiece in her ear. She would just give him the look. I need not elaborate on the details of the look for those familiar with Hughes women. Still, she got $15, and a tiny UW shirt, and mommy got free parking in the U district on a nice day for walking around.

This evening we had some pre-dinner drama as Erika poked my finger with her eye while I was strapping her in the high-chair. My finger was just sitting there minding it's own business, when out of no where this little eye flies into it. Of course, I had just finished eating a salted almond, so I think she got salt in her eye to make matters worse. This time I got the look for about a full 2 seconds before the crying started. She eventually forgave me.

No comments: